This is for all the Bacon LOVERS out there, yes CHEF MARK even you!
Yes it’s been done before, but it’s worth doing again…… Tootie style! I had to go there, bacon….chocolate….peanut butter….yummy toppings, it’s a perfect play date! Everyone gets along with chocolate, it’s the perfect marriage of flavors. All you need is bacon, sugar free chocolate such as Lily’s Sweets Creamy Milk Chocolate bar, and a little imagination! I’ve been wanting to do this for quite some time but other recipes get in the way of my sweet bacon fantasies. I had a lot of bacon left over from my bacon hollandaise sauce, so the light bulb went off! Yes, finally the waiting was over I was able to make what has been stuck in my head and the results were better than I had hoped for!
First you need your chocolate and peanut butter, then come the toppings! I used ground espresso beans. unsweetened shredded coconut, and toasted chopped pecans. My favorite combination was the pecan and coconut. This would also be great with a rich dark chocolate or even white sugar free chocolate. I hope you get to try this sweet and savory treat, its fast easy and most of all DELICIOUS! Go nuts, try new combinations and report back! I’d love to hear what you’ve come up with:) Have a SWEET day!
- 10 strips of bacon
- 1-3 oz Sugar free Milk Chocoalte Bar I used Lily's Brand
- 1 T refined coconut oil
- peanut butter
- ground coffee beans
- chopped toasted pecans
- unsweetened shredded coconut I used Bob's Red Mill Brand
- cook bacon on cookie sheet until crisp
- remove bacon grease, lay bacon on a clean plate and chill
- separate chocolate pieces in a shallow dish and add coconut oil
- microwave for 1 minute stir may need an additional 30 seconds
- stir until chocolate and oil is well combined
- using a spatula coat bacon with melted chocolate
- sprinkle on desired toppings
- lay on a parchment lined cookie sheet and repeat until all bacon has been coated
- refrigerate for 15 minutes
- keep in refrigerator for up to 5 days
.75 net Carbs per piece of plain chocolate covered bacon carbs will vary depending on desired toppings