Deviled eggs are always a hit at a party or picnic. Best of all, they’re affordable and pretty easy. Sriracha hot sauce gives these a nice balanced heat and flavor that you will love! How to make a hard boiled egg perfect every time is tricky but with FIVE key steps you will have success.
First, start with your eggs in a pan (do not over crowd them, they like room to wiggle). Second, fill water over the eggs until you have 3 inches of water above the eggs. Third, add 1 T of salt to the water (this speeds up the boiling time aka boiling point of your water) Fourth, turn your stove top on high, wait for the water to boil. Five, as soon as water starts to boil, set a timer for 11 minutes. After the timer goes off, immediately drain water from eggs and start peeling under cool running water. Let eggs run under cold water after they have been peeled, then refrigerate until consumption.
You can jazz up any deviled egg with a little imagination! Add pickled jalapeno to these little devils for extra heat or a slice of green olive. It’s really a matter of taste. So when your not sure what to bring to a party or picnic remember this recipe! These are great just to keep on hand when you want a snack that will hold you over, eggs are such a great source of nutrients and perfect protein!
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 1 T Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/4 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 t spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 T chopped chives
- place eggs in pot and cover with water
- bring to a boil and set timer for 11 minutes
- remove eggs and peel under cool water
- let peeled eggs run under cold water for 5 minutes and refrigerate for 20 minutes
- cut eggs in have an place cooked yolks in a separate bowl
- add mayo, sriracha, mustard, and worcestershire sauce to yolks
- beat with a fork or food processor until smooth
- pipe about 1 T of filling into each egg white
- top with fresh chives and serve
less than 1 carb per pieces